Saturday, July 4, 2015

My All-Time Breakup Playlist

Love inspires us, at the same time it also breaks. Well I got inspired to make my own breakup playlist because of the new movie produced by Star Cinema and Viva Films starring Piolo Pascual and Sarah Geronimo called The Breakup Playlist. I haven’t seen it yet but it’s a must-watch film for everyone. So here’s my all-time breakup playlist:



Hear My Heart. It’s my favorite song from Nikki Gil. Definitely I included in my playlist because of the chorus of this song: “Hear my heart, crying in silence. It hurts so much. Trying to run from your smile, your touch. Waiting, pretending, this game’s a waste. Knowing you just can’t be mine.”


The Heart Wants What It Wants. It’s one of my favorite songs from Selena Gomez. The last part of the chorus hooked me a lot: “There are reasons why I should give you up. Coz the heart wants what it wants.”


Bakit Pa Ba. This was Sarah Geronimo’s version of Jay-R’s original. When you read the lyrics, these two artists took it differently: Jay-R  for male side and Sarah on female side. I was struck by this song because of my recent experience. “Bakit pa ba nagagawa mo pang saktan ang isang tulad ko na labis na nagmamahal? Di mapansin na walang katulad ang pag-ibig para sayo na alay ko. Bakit ako’y ngayon iiwan mo?”


Disaster. This was sung by Jojo. When I saw the title, indeed this song must include in my breakup playlist. “You shot the bullet that killed me, not feeling my heartbeat and now I was dying. I am through it, I am through all the agony. And now my eyes are drying, trying, no more crying. Lying’s just a game. So disaster strikes and I’m alright coz my love’s on his way.”


You Made Me Stronger. This song was recorded by Regine Velasquez in her album R2K when I first heard it and Nikki Gil had her version of this song from her album Love Revisited. Like Nikki’s Hear My Heart, the chorus of the song made it in my playlist: “You made me stronger by breaking my heart. You ended my life and made a better one start. You’ve taught me everything from falling in love and letting go of a lie. You made me stronger by saying goodbye.”


Bad Blood. This was one of my favorite songs from Taylor Swift. Her music video with Kendrick Lamar and other female celebrities like Selena Gomez as Arsyn, Ellie Goulding as Destructa X, and Cindy Crawford as the Headmistress was different from what included in her album 1989. “Coz baby now we got bad blood, you know we used to be mad love. So take look what you’ve done coz baby now we got bad blood. Now we got problems and I don’t think we can’t solve them. You made a really deep cut and baby now we got bad blood.”


I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. This song was written by Diane Warren and popularized by Nina for her album Nina Sings the Hits of Dianne Warren. “I don’t want to see your face. I don’t want to hear your name. I don’t want to think, just stay away baby. Don’t want to know if you’re alright or what you’re doing with your life. Don’t want to hear you say that you’ll stay in touch maybe.”


Broken Vow. This song that was sung by Lara Fabian was from the official soundtrack of the phenomenal hit Asian drama Meteor Garden starring Barbie Xu, Jerry Yan, Vic Zhou, Ken Zhu, and Van Ness Wu. Sarah Geronimo and Mark Bautista had this version. “I let you go. I let you fly. Why do I keep on asking why? I let you go now that I found a way to keep somehow more than a broken vow.”


Someone’s Always Saying Goodbye. Toni Gonzaga recorded her version of this song for her album Love Is. “Someone’s always saying goodbye. I believe it hurts when we cry. Don’t we know partings never so easy? And with all the achings inside I believe some hearts won’t survive. Trying hard to pretend that we’re gonna be fine.”


My Happy Ending. This was Avril Lavigne’s first carrier single from her album with the same name. Indeed it’s another song to be included in my playlist based on my recent experience. “You were everything, everything that I wanted. We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it. And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away.All this time you were pretending so much for my happy ending.”


Sabi nga ni Vice, “Pag walang boyfriend, walang forever.” I agree since I don’t have a boyfriend. I’m reading Alex Gonzaga’s book called “Dear Alex, Break Na Kami. Paano?! Love, Catherine”. I’m learning so much from this book. At least I will be ready to fall in love, prepared to be hurt, and stood up to fight for the guy I love.     

I’m not closing the doors of my heart. I’m patiently waiting for my Mr. Right, my love of my life. Ika nga ni Snow White, “Someday my prince will come.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment