Monday, September 10, 2012

Bessy


Today is the birthday of a friend and a sister of mine who is special to my heart. This blog article is for her. We call each other ‘bessy’. Her name is Janella Nicole Geronimo from Taytay, Rizal, Philippines.


Janella Nicole Geronimo, 20, Philippines!
We first met online, in a forum site. We both love the Taiwanese boy band Fahrenheit. I didn’t doubt to send my number in a private message few days before the meet-up. We exchanged text messages to each other.
Few days after, that was June 5, 2010 when we finally met face-to-face in a food court of a famous shopping mall located along EDSA Mandaluyong. She’s so young and kind. A die-hard Pudding (Aaron Yan’s fans club name) currently studies at Centro Escolar University with a course of Business Management. We became friends after we met each other.



I considered her as my first best friend I ever had because we had seen each other at least once a month in our regular meet-up place which is a popular fast food chain near my school where I studied for 16 years. We share updates, stories and anything under the sun until we listen to KPop most often and like Super Junior.

We have differences. I studied at University of Santo Tomas while she studies at Centro Escolar University. She’s a DongLun (Jiro Wang and Aaron Yan) bias while I was a LunRu (Aaron Yan and Calvin Chen) bias. I also loved CalReen (Calvin Chen and Reen Yu) while she loved AaReen (Aaron Yan and Reen Yu) from the Taiwanese drama Love Buffet. Her CPop husband is Aaron Yan while mine is Calvin Chen. When it comes to KPop, hers is Jung Yonghwa from CNBlue while mine is Kim Jonghyun from SHINee. My Super Junior biases are Ryeowook and Sungmin while hers is Leeteuk. Currently, she's watching Donghae's drama ‘Panda and Hedgehog’ while I’m watching the Korean version of Hana Kimi titled ‘To The Beautiful You’.



But we have similarities that our friendship becomes closer. We took courses in the field of business management. We are both Fahrenheit and Reen Yu fan, and an ELF (Super Junior’s fans club name). We loved the drama Love Buffet. We had fallen in love with CNBlue front man Jung Yonghwa. Our other biases in Super Junior are Siwon and Donghae. When it comes to Korean dramas, we like Park Shin Hye. Now we are watching the drama of Super Junior M’s Zhoumi, Fahrenheit’s Calvin Chen, and f(x)’s Victoria Song which is ‘When Love Walked In’
   
The most important factors for this strong bond of friendship are respect, understanding, and acceptance. We respect each other’s opinions. We understand each other because we open up. We accept who we are as a person. Because of these, we never ever fight.



I thought I wouldn’t have a best friend until I met her. I thanked God that I never gave up in finding a true friend and He gave it unexpectedly who I will treasure forever. 

For the special sister in my heart, I’ll be ending this blog article as my last birthday surprise for her.



To my bessy dongsaeng, 
I’ve greeted you in advance when we met again last Thursday and today via Facebook, Twitter, Weibo and text. I've also surprised you by playing the CD I've made and as expected, you cried (for the second time in a row). That’s how special you are to me. Thank you again for everything. Hope that our friendship will grow stronger as we become closer in the next years. Remember that if you have problems or you want to share something, I’ll always be there, as the song said, “Winter, spring, summer or fall, all you gotta do is call, and I’ll be there. You’ve got a friend.”
From your bessy eonni,
Ceres jie



No comments:

Post a Comment