Friday, January 20, 2012

My MTV Kaleidoscope Diary

It was 1997 when VJ Utt started in MTV Asia. He was the coolest VJ and one of the most handsome men in Asian television. Because of him, I started to watch MTV. I was saddened when I found out on E! News Asia that he’ll leave MTV after 14 years for his personal reasons. Now that MTV turned 30 years old and hailed as the longest music channel according to Guinness, I absolutely became one of its fans after winning merchandise in their movie contest, granting my music video collection, and featuring my name and comment in their new show.

26 October 2011 – It was a surprise! A delivery boy came to our house. He gave the package all the way from Singapore. That package was from MTV Asia! I won merchandise from the movie What’s Your Number? so I quickly opened it and saw 2 items: a set of 8 coasters and a notebook. I can’t believe it because I just tried to join the online contest before its scheduled deadline of sending entries. I haven’t watched the movie when it was premiered last October 5 in the Philippines but my brother downloaded it online. And I’ll wait for that time when will my brother and I watch that movie.

12 November 2011 – Well, this was a surprise when I opened my MSN mail. I tuned in on MTV on Thursday morning for the encore of my music video selection that I sent last October. I enjoyed watching while dancing and singing along. I saw my picture and my dedication twice. I regretted that I didn't watched it on its premiere timeslot, but at least I was very happy then when I saw my favorite three MVs playing on MTV. These were the music videos that I had chosen:
Song: SHERO
Artist: S.H.E.
HIM International Music Company's most popular female group composed of Selina Jen, Hebe Tien, and Ella Chen proved their fans that they are called Shero (female version of hero). In spite of negative issues, they remained stronger than their debut. This is my most favorite MV from them. 

Song: Sexy Girl
Artist: Fahrenheit
Included in the group's fourth album Super Hot, they showed their sexy image. Taiwanese model Monica Yin paired up with handsome Calvin Chen. While I was watching it, I imagined myself as Monica, dancing in front of Calvin. What a wild imagination! And it's one of my favorites because of this line in the song: "You got my love, you are my sexy girl". It's also set as my mobile ringtone.

Song: Mr. Simple
Artist: Super Junior
"Because you naughty, naughty" at the beginning of the song and "blow your mind" after the song's chorus are from Super Junior's fifth album. Nowadays, Korean pop are very popular not only to Asians but also to Western people from North and South America even in Europe. I first heard this song when Super Junior performed in Music Bank then I got addicted on it. Kim Ryeowook's cuteness and handsomeness attracted me, even Choi Siwon's sexy chest on SuJu's fifth album cover caught my attention. 


A personal letter to MTV Asia: Thanks a lot from What's Your Number merchandise you gave to my music video selection you played. Honestly I was an MTV fan before because I always watched MTV Most Wanted hosted by VJ Utt. When Fahrenheit's Calvin Chen started being a new host of a Japan-Korea music show produced by MTV Taiwan last year, I became an MTV fan once again and hoping you play Mandarin hits. I was very happy that you picked my favorite Taiwanese male group Fahrenheit as Mandarin Hits's artist of the month last December 2010. This year, I can't believe that VJ Utt is still in MTV and saw a new title of MTV request program, from MTV Most Wanted to My MTV. I think My MTV is better because you're playing 3 music videos of our choice. [excerpt from my FB note "I ♥ Music!" on 17 November 2011 at 11:04pm]



14 January 2012 – MTV Asia has a new show entitled “The MTV Show” last January 7. It’s an interesting show so I watched its first episode on the day it was aired. Few days after the pilot episode was aired, I followed the show’s Twitter account and liked its fan page on Facebook. I tweeted twice and posted a comment on its fan page what I can say on that show. Second episode had aired and I was surprised when VJ Rich read my name and comment on the show’s fan mail segment. It was exactly what I posted on the show’s fan page. VJ Rich replied on my post that the show don’t have enough time to tackle everything about Asian pop. So I responded him that it was okay and at least they will feature some famous artists from the music category I mentioned. Tomorrow is Saturday again and it’ll air its third episode.

MTV Asia is one of my favorite cable channels. Hope they will continue playing good music videos from Korea, the Philippines, USA, UK, Taiwan and other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment