Thursday, June 14, 2012

The JinTomia Addiction




Monster Radio RX 93.1 is one of the popular FM radio station in the Philippines who plays nothing but great music. Awesome DJs from this station work hard to play different genres of music to satisfy every listener's taste. 


There were rare times that I listen to it but my friend posted in our Facebook group page to tune in at 7pm because the show featured our favorite KPop artist and played some songs. I tried to listen to the show and I liked it. The show is called JinTomia. The DJs-on-duty are Jinri Park and Tom Alvarez.


The show has "KPop Goes My Heart" segment where they play songs from featured KPop artist. When I first listen to this show, they featured Super Junior. They also featured IU and CNBlue. I'm hoping that they will feature KPop stars who I idolize most like SHINee, Girls' Generation, and BoA.


They also have language lessons for free: Korean 101 by Jinri and Filipino 101 by Tom. Jinri is teaching Tom how to speak in Korean while Tom is teaching Jinri how to speak in Filipino. If Tom is not around, Jinri told the listeners on air to call their hotline to teach her how to speak in Filipino. I had fun listening to this part of the show where in Jinri tries to speak in Filipino and it's quite impressive because she's an easy learner. There were words, phrases, tongue twisters, and nursery rhymes.


When I wanted to say something, I suddenly tweet the DJs and the radio station with a hashtag everytime. I can't believe that one of the DJs, Tom Alvarez, followed me in Twitter last night, even he favorited two of my tweets. I was happy and hoping that Jinri will follow me too.


JinTomia is one of my favorite radio shows and it's very addicting when you always listen to it. Good job to the people who created this show. I give two thumbs-up to Jinri and Tom. And I hope that you will be featured in Radio MYX soon and play the best KPop songs.


To Tom Alvarez, Jinri Park, and the rest of DJs and employers of Monster Radio RX 93.1: FIGHTING!!!


Jinri Park and Tom Alvarez

[Photo credits from Monster Radio's Facebook account]

No comments:

Post a Comment