Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Anime Style of Romance

I've been an anime fan for more than 15 years. I've watched a lot of anime series: Sailormoon, Colourcloud Palace (Saiunkoku Monogatari), La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo, Ghost Fighter (YuYu Hakusho), Flame of Recca and Naruto to name a few. Either it's a shonen or shoujo story, I'm going to watch it if I like it.



One of the anime series I'd liked is Fushigi Yuugi or also known as Curious Play or Mysterious Play. I've watched it a lot of times (Japanese audio with English subtitles, English-dubbed, and Tagalog-dubbed), even its OVA movies. It's a shoujo anime about a girl named Miaka which discovers a different life in a book found in school library. She met Tamahome, one of 7 warriors whom she'll fall in love. In the end, she was surprised that Tamahome can live in the real human world.




According to the profile of each character in Fushigi Yuugi, today is the birthday of Tamahome (or Taka Sukunami).  




I'm thankful to Yuu Watase who's the author of this anime. Even though it has sex content, I can't help myself to watch it again.








The reason why I liked those anime series because of its story that has a lot of twists and its characters. Now, I'm watching Kaichuo wa Maid Sama or simply called Maid Sama (the English name is 'The Student Council President is a Maid') which is about a student council president who works part-time as a waitress in a Maid Latte.




Anime is not only for kids but also for kids at heart. But these anime series came from manga. Whether you read the manga or watch the anime, sometimes you relate with that character in your real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment