Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Inspiration in Becoming A Story Writer

It's been more than a year since I am writing stories. I don't know how did all began, but in my heart I want to express my inspiration and encouragement in storytelling.


"My Greatest Love" was the first story that I'd written. I was a Fahrenheit fan and Calvin Chen biased that's why I want to create a story about me and him. Originally, I wanted this story to have only 15 chapters, but because of my friends on Facebook liked it since I posted first 5 chapters. I divided into 3 parts:


  • 我最大的愛 My Greatest Love
  • My Greatest Love: A Promise of Happiness [Trilogy]
  • My Greatest Love: A Perfect World
This story had a total of 40 chapters. "My Greatest Love" was not only about me, but also my best friends who found their own Mr. Right. My name there was Xiao Mei who meets up with Fahrenheit member Calvin Chen. Xiao Mei was in Taiwan to pursue her college education but suddenly she became Taiwan's superstar. I also posted this story on AsianFanatics Fanfiction Forum and Wattpad sites. 

The second story I made was titled "The Boys & I". I decided on that title because one of my favorite KPop songs was from Girls' Generation which was 'The Boys'. It's still ongoing. I'm now writing Chapter 39 but in Wattpad, I posted a total of 18 chapters. I had no plan in dividing this story in parts unlike the previous story. In this story, I'm Maria Christina Kitana Gosiengfiao, a heiress who wants to become a famous singer. Because she became a valedictorian in high school, her father granted her dream secretly. She was trained and got famous; she proved that a non-Korean can rule the world of KPop music.

There are some similarities between Xiao Mei and Christina. First, from being an ordinary girl to a famous superstar. Second, they never forget where they came from. Third, they both found love with a member of a boy group. And lastly, they are proud that they are Filipino-born. The difference would be Xiao Me fell in love with Taiwanese singer and Fahrenheit member Calvin Chen while Christina fell in love with Korean singer and SHINee member Kim Jonghyun.

But my inspiration in writing these stories is becoming a famous performer/artist in the Philippines. That's why I enrolled in Society of Singers - Center for Arts Foundation. I finished the first level which is the voice, dance, and acting workshop. Now, I'm taking up level 2 which is musical theater workshop. In order to have my own solo concert (level 3), I must finish the level 2. That's my goal: having my own solo concert. Though my parents and siblings didn't want me to pursue it because they want me to find a job, I'll still continue it because I have a passion for music and nobody would stop me. But if my dream wouldn't come true in a span of at least a year, I would give up that dream and wouldn't regret that decision because I already achieved in having a successful solo concert.

That's me (holding a microphone in front of the dancers) singing a song from movie Grease which popularized by Olivia Newton-John titled "Hopelessly Devoted To You" during the grand recital last June 24, 2012 at Area 05, Tomas Morato, Quezon City, Philippines


No comments:

Post a Comment