Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Snow White Journey

"Someday my prince will come," Snow White sang to the seven dwarfs.


Snow White was my favorite Disney princess. The movie "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" was released in 1937. Why did I choose Snow White as my favorite among those beautiful Disney princesses?  It's because my grand mother introduced her to me thru the VHS copy of the movie that she bought in USA and then I watched it over and over again.


I collected merchandise such as dolls, meal plate, mugs, and books with Snow White on it; even I convinced my sister to buy me Snow White pillow case, bed cover, and comforter. I also watched Snow White and The Huntsman (starring Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron) and Mirror Mirror (starring Lily Collins and Julia Roberts). Even a scene from Snow White was re-acted in the film Enchanted starring Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey wherein Queen Narissa (Susan Sarandon) disguised as an old hag, gave the poisoned apple to Giselle (Adams) to eat it then successfully poisoned Giselle.

Snow White and the Huntsman starring (from Left to Right) Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, and Chris Hemsworth
Mirror Mirror starring Lily Collins (left) and Julia Roberts (right)
A scene from Enchanted

The 3D version of Snow White was featured in an episode of Sofia The First entitled "The Enchanted Feast".


When it comes to the villain side, Snow White's evil queen has her descendant. Her name is Evie, played by Sofia Carson from the new Disney Channel Original movie "Descendants".

Kathy Najimy as Evil Queen (left) and Sofia Carson as Evie (right) in Disney Channel Original movie "Descendants"

Recently, I saw new Snow White collectibles at the toy section of a shopping mall that I want to buy like Palace Pets and My First Disney Princess doll.

Snow White's Palace Pets: Sweetie (up left) and Berry (down left)
My First Disney Princess Snow White doll

It will be a dream come true for me if I watched Disney On Ice at the Big Dome starring Snow White and I saw Snow White in any Disneyland Theme Park. 

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (from Left to Right: Sneezy, Bashful, Doc, Sleepy, Happy, Dopey, and Grumpy)
Oh! Snow White's waiting for me in Hong Kong Disneyland

But there was one thing that it came true: wearing a Snow White costume!

I worked at RED Images for 10 months. As a treat for myself, I purchased creative package and had a photo shoot. It was fun. My make-up was done by Francisco "Tita Joy" Villaverde. The shots was taken by Nea Torres. It was very very difficult to choose among those shots to be printed until it was down into five. 

There was a princess lived in a castle named Snow White.
Do you want this apple? If you want it, I'll give it to you.    
Here's an apple. Poisoned or not poisoned?

"Wish on that apple, take one bite and your wish will come true," the old woman said. Will Snow White bite it?
Oh! Is Snow White dead?

I provided logo for all shots. I also provided the background for the last two shots. These were edited by Jackie Antonio. Her editing skill was really above average.

The 5 5R-printed pictures will be in the Disney Princess photo album while the 8R printed picture will be double-glass framed.

From being a girl who is collecting Snow White merchandise until becoming a woman wearing Snow White costume in a photo shoot was a roller coaster. My Snow White journey will never end. Even though there will come a time that I'll inherit my merchandise to my niece or my daughter, I will never ever forget that I became a Disney princess through seeing those photos.

*-*-*-*


Do you want to become Snow White in a photo shoot like me? Snow White creative package is available at RED Images located at 1767 EspaƱa Boulevard corner Miguelin Street, Sampaloc, Manila.


For reservations or inquiries, you may call their hotline 554-00-24 / 354-04-42 / 354-03-60 / 354-04-27. You may also contact Ms. Helen Ledesma at 0922-892-2471 / 0917-826-0180 or Ms. May Tumaliuan at 0922-892-2450 / 0917-808-2097. 

Visit RED Images official site for other available packages and services. For latest updates, like their official Facebook page and follow them on their official Twitter and Instagram accounts.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment