Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Sarah Geronimo: OPM's Popstar Royalty Through The Years

It's already more than a decade since I became a fan of Sarah Geronimo. Time flies so fast.


It all started when I was a freshman student in University of Santo Tomas Education High School, where Sarah was a junior student who recently won in a contest called "Star For A Night" in 2003. During the acquaintance party on that same year, she sang Broken Vow on stage, since Meteor Garden was still a hit. Then after few performances, I performed an acapella version of Carol Banawa's single "Stay".

She became my top favorite female artist. Whenever I filled up the musical influences or favorite singer in any profile, her name was already top of my mind.

I bought majority of her albums, from Popstar: A Dream Come True to Just Me. I also watched Bituing Walang Ningning concert wherein the finale scene of her drama of the same title was shot live. I attended one of her mall tours in SM City San Lazaro few years ago to let her sign the albums I bought under her name. I'd seen her a lot of times. I haven't got a chance to watch her concert live, but at least ABS-CBN and PBO aired all of her concerts so that I have a chance to watch them.

Aside being one of the top-notch certified recording artist from Viva Records that has received a lot of awards and nominations in song and artist categories in different award-giving bodies in local and international arena, she became a box office queen due to success of three movies: A Very Special Love, You Changed My Life, and It Takes A Man And A Woman, paired up with John Lloyd Cruz as Laida Magtalas and Miggy Montenegro respectively. She was also one of the mentors/judges in the two seasons of The Voice Of The Philippines and The Voice Kids, which her artists titled as the grand champion: Lyca Gairanod in The Voice Kids Season 1 and Jason Dy in The Voice Of The Philippines Season 2. She was featured in the Disney Channel Asia calendar as Rapunzel in Tangled and sang the Asian version representing the Philippines of the Disney Princess song The Glow, originally popularized by Shannon Saunders.


She just celebrated her decade of music thru her concert called Perfect 10. This year, she will conquer the Big Dome stage once again entitled From The Top scheduled on December 4 to December 5. Her concert will start at 8:00pm at Smart Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City.



Here are my top 10 favorite tracks from Sarah:

1. Kilometro
(from Perfectly Imperfect album)

2. Minamahal
(from Perfectly Imperfect album)

3. Remind Me To Forget You
(from Just Me album)

4. Carry My Love
(from Becoming album)

5. Ikaw
(from Taking Flight album)

6. Ikot-Ikot
(from Expressions album)

7. I'll Be There [feat. Howie Dorough]
(from Just Me album)

8. Forever's Not Enough
(from Popstar: A Dream Come True album)

9. The Glow
(as featured in Disney Channel Asia)

10. Love Can't Lie
(from Sweet Sixteen album)



1 comment:

  1. I think that Sarah Geronimo is a great singer. Sometimes I like to listen to an interesting music and to make a playlist. Recently I had an Educational task to write about the the most famous singers but I felt like a lack of relevant inforamtion so I usead an offer of college writing service that helped me to make my research quite attractive to read.

    ReplyDelete